Warranty & Change of Mind
If you've got any issues with a product you purchased from us, please bring it in store and we'll sort it out for you ASAP
My IT Shop Warranty & Refund Policy
My IT Shop offers a limited 1 year warranty on all new and refurbished products unless otherwise stated on your receipt. The manufacturer of your product may provide a longer warranty, please refer to the manufacturer’s website for details. All returns MUST have a receipt/proof of purchase otherwise they will be automatically declined. My IT Shop is not required to keep or find your proof of purchase for you. Serial numbers will be validated against the Serial numbers sold/shipped and/or on invoice to customer. Return will not be accepted on mismatched serial numbers.
up to 7 days from the date of purchase:
If the product is determined to be faulty through no fault of the customer then My IT Shop’s Policy is to offer a replacement product or store credit at the customer’s discretion.
8-365 days from the date of purchase:
The manufacturer will determine at no cost to the customer the cause of the fault within a reasonable time frame. If the product is determined faulty through no fault of the customer, then My IT Shop’s Policy is to offer repair or replacement free of charge in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty. Alternatively, in the event of a ‘major failure’, customers can request a refund of the original purchase price from the manufacturer, and My IT Shop will assist.
1 year or Greater:
If the product is not covered by a manufacturer’s or extended warranty, then My IT Shop will charge a diagnostic fee to the customer to diagnose the cause of the fault within a reasonable time frame. If Manufacturers warranty applies, My IT Shop will facilitate a repair or replacement from the Manufacturer. If not the customer will be charged the amount to fix the device after confirmation.
What we cover:
My IT Shops Warranty does not cover:
- Cracked screen or physically damaged
- Water damage
- Software that has been tampered with
- Unauthorised repairs (3rd party repairs)
- Customer has failed to take reasonable steps to avoid the quality becoming unacceptable
- Customer has used the product abnormally
- Serial numbers will be validated against the Serial numbers shipped and/or on invoice to customer. Return will not be accepted on mismatched serial numbers.
Repairs & Services
- You must pay for services/repairs you’ve requested from My IT Shop
- You can’t cancel or receive a refund for services/repairs if the problem was outside My IT Shops control or if you:
- changed your mind
- insisted on having a service provided in a particular way, against My IT Shops advice or policy
- failed to clearly explain your needs to My IT Shop
Change of Mind
- Consumer guarantees do not apply if you got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it.
- As a business we don’t have to allow you to return an item you have simply changed your mind about. However, under certain circumstances we can offer to exchange the product for a same value or higher.
My IT Shop doesn’t have to pay compensation for damages or losses that:
- are caused by reasonable delay in the repair process or timeframe
- are caused by shipping delays or supplier stock levels
- are not caused by our conduct, or our products
- relate to something independent of My IT Shop, after the goods left our control.
For more information on your consumer rights visit this link: